Tuesday, May 3, 2011

while this should be a happy post, about how berlin had a good weekend at the agility trial - got her first open standard leg, blah blah blah - instead its sad because she's on rest and she's injured somehow and she's being pulled from everything for the next month. where rah bit her last month he hit her patella and there's chronic changes that we're hoping rest will bring down the inflammation (but its mostly just cosmetic in the odd look to her knee at this point, since it doesnt seem to actually bother her, ive just noticed the swelling), but she's also got random pain???? somewhere in the left front and we can't pinpoint it - she had an orthopod and a neurologist check her out, and thursday the physical rehabber will check her out and see where we go from here. it started monday morning and got worse throughout the day. she's drugged up on the couch next to me and ive already started emailing to pull all her entries...

1 comment:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

OMG...it's always something, isn't it? I'm so sorry she's got to be pulled.

On a side note, thanks so much for your thoughtful comment on my MA Trip post. I 10000% agree with you. It's all in the details that separates OTCH dogs from UD dogs. I don't need her to be nice to me, as long as she's nice to Layla (which she was). She's so damn brilliant. Plus, she's from the Boston area. I think 99.9% of people up that way are overbearing and obnoxious anyway - and I sincerely hope you're not originally from Boston :)

Best wishes to Berlin for a quick recovery, and CONGRATS AGAIN on that Open Standard leg. I hope you got it on video!