Friday, March 14, 2008

A non-obedience brag of great import...

Perhaps more important than anything else on earth, Rah reached a great milestone last night.

Granted, it was helped by a variety of things - including that he was very well exercised after a hike yesterday, and he was semi-drugged since he ran his pads off and I had to give him some pain meds since he was virtually non-weight bearing on his left front foot...


but...


are you ready for this?


Rah was left LOOSE OUTSIDE OF HIS CRATE FOR THREE HOURS>

Count them.


THREE (3) ... 1....2....3...

YES T.H.R.E.E. hours while I ran errands. Loose out of his crate in my living room.

I'm so proud of him I could retire him right now. Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, RN WAC TT CGC SOOCOFTH (Stayed out of crate once for three hours)

Completely not obedience related. But very much a sign that Rah has matured, at least a little bit.

Berlin is currently at handling class with Lydia and I am nursing a fat lip from Rah who muzzle punched me in the face and almost knocked me out.

Rah worked a full pile of articles again tonight, we're still in week one of Around the Clock, but he's going very well and I've got it figured out well and he likes this method now. My stanchions, ring gates, new article bag, and gloves should be here tomorrow. I'm debating moving him on to week 2 of ATC, or keeping him at week 1... I think I will move him on, since he's working the entire pile nicely.

No class next wednesday, and I'm not sure we're going to class next Thursday since Lydia is showing at Edison. Will depend on how well his foot heals, I think...

2 comments:

workindogged said...

I see you also have a Blogger training log. Great minds and all! :D

Congrats on the three hour tour! Good boy, Rah.

Tate still cannot be left inside alone. Urgh.

Aragon greyhounds said...

I love biking dogs to burned their energy off. I think the fartherest I ever took my dogs was 15 miles on the bike. They were off leash running whatever they wanted(deer, squirrels, and who knows what). They ran an extra 5-10 miles? Boy were they tired when we got back to the car. Didn't run their pads off though.