Thursday, June 26, 2008

the anxiety sets in

Ah, when do I stop being a novice handler???

maybe it's the upcoming shows this weekend that have set off the newest rounds of stress, maybe its my competitive nature, I don't know - but I feel as if I'm failing my dogs and we should be doing better than we are right now.

I feel as if Rah's heeling and his attention are really lacking lately - the last few times we have been working they have really left a lot to be desired.

Things I need to work on:

Rah:
attention
heeling
straight sits/halts
setting up/transitions

Berlin:
go outs
retrieves
starting articles (once she has a good retrieve)

I feel that berlin should be further along than she is too, that I haven't done enough for her...

worry worry worry worry worry.

1 comment:

elegy said...

"Should" according to whom? I know you've got lots of goals, but sometimes it sounds like you're losing the joy of the journey in pursuit of the goals. Remember, this is supposed to be fun! For you and for the dogs.